RE: TR6 WHEEL RIMS

To: "Michael Greene" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: TR6 WHEEL RIMS
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:12:00 -0500
MIke:
In looking through all my TR6 books, I've learned that the beauty rings were
"only" installed on cars sold for the US market. Those installed on US cars
were aluminum, with somewhat of a brushed finish.  The "original" ones, had a
flat/angular outside edge.  Aluminum after market replacements also had a
brushed finish, but the outside edge was curved.

You can get your aluminum ones to shine quite a bit, but you need a buffer and
some rouge and some patience. However, they will never look like the
chrome/stainless steel ones which are all that are available as new
replacements.

Hope this helps.
Bob Fabie
'75 TR6