Inner Ball Joint (steering)

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Inner Ball Joint (steering)
From: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:44:00 -1000
Aloha all,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!  I am in the process of redoing my front
suspension.  After taking everything apart, I noticed that the boot on the
inner ball joing was serverly ripped so I ordered new ones from Moss.

I removed the boot this morning and am curious about what I should do with the
inner ball joint.  Should it be taken apart, cleaned, regreased and then the
new boot put on or should I just add new grease, replace the boot and call it
a day.

If you are going to suggest the first option, how big of a job is it to do
this?  I went through the bentley manual and it looks pretty complicated.

As always, your thoughts are very appreciated!

Mark Bullard
'74 TR6
Kailua, HI