Cracked Diff Mount

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cracked Diff Mount
From: "Tim Murray" <timothy_murray@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:54:31 -0800
I'm new to this list.  Please excuse any mistakes if I post this incorrectly.

My 72 TR6 is a victim to the common failure of the right front differential
mount.  The previous owner had a repair shop try to fix the problem by welding
a piece of steel across the fracture.  This repair eventually failed, and went
undetected for far too long, causing the bolt to crack the frame where it is
welded on.

I've posted pictures of the cracked mount here:
http://home.comcast.net/~tim.murray/

As you can see, it's in pretty bad shape. My question is: Can this be repaired
without taking the body off the frame?

Thanks,

Tim.