Tranny Part Needed

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny Part Needed
From: "Mark Creamer" <mcreamer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:17:13 -0500
I'm going to start the painful process of looking for the best price on
a transmission part tomorrow, and I thought I'd check with the group
first on the chance someone may have one.

I'm looking for a countershaft gear, 17 tooth. In Moss, this would be
part 848-625. This is the part that two other gears slide onto, and then
the whole countershaft assembly spins on a spindle in the lower portion
of the gearbox. Triumph used a 16 tooth and a 17. I need the 17.

If someone has one in new condition (or at least no wear, especially to
the internal bearing surfaces), please contact me off-list. Common wear
point on this part is in the areas on the ends where the internal
bearings get pressed. If the press-fit bearing is loose there, the part
is worn out, hence my problem all along.

Thanks!
Mark