Re: Ball Joints - Front suspension

To: "Jim Jones" <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ball Joints - Front suspension
From: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:25:23 -1000
Aloha all,

Thanks to all who responded! There were quite a few of you.

Many of you responded that Moss and TRF still supply the ball joints with the
zerks on them, others responded that some of the new ones come sealed and
pre-greased. Others still responded that they've tapped the sealed ones and
put in the zerks and others have suggested that this is not recommended.

I'm a little confused as to which route I need to go on this.  I'm assuming
that I have the later and have sent an email to Rimmer to confirm and will ask
their advise about installing the zerks and will let you all know what they
say.

On the tie-rod ends, I hear the more expensive ones come with the zerks and
the cheaper do not.  I've also heard that the sealed ones have been fine for
many years on street cars so I don't think I will worry about these.

Thanks again everyone.

Mark