Head/Engine Serial Nos

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head/Engine Serial Nos
From: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:18:51 -0500
Yeah, a couple more dumb questions:

1) Is there a web page which lists the range of engine & head serial numbers
for each production year or number?
- Car: CF18xxx (Feb '74)
- Engine: CF18492UE (maybe the E is an F since the E's bottom leg is faint
and might be a scratch, but I'd bet on an E)
- Head: 219019 (there's a 74 cast-in just inside the valve-cover interface)

2) Is there a web page which shows the hole & passage patterns of the
block/head interface?

I was just about to reinstall the head, when I noticed that there were some
mismatches in a few block & head passages as well as the head gasket
(matches TRF Catalog Plate-AF#2) which blocks some passages and has an
unneeded ferruled hole in the front-left.

The intake & exhaust manifolds seem to line up perfectly with the '74 I/E
gasket. Maybe things're supposed to be this way, but I ain't too all-fired
keen on reassemblin' this puppy as-is until I know what's goin' on (although
this hasn't deterred me much in the past).

Doug Morris '74 TR6 CF18xxx, NC
(and, no, that 5/16-UNC set screw doesn't fit there)