wobbly column

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: wobbly column
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:23:00 EST
Thanks to those that responded to my posting on wobbly steering column.  I'll
check it when I pull the speedo for repair.  I found the best way to work
under the dash is to remove the seat so that I can lie on my back.  Here's
another poser that I ran into. There is an under dash courtesy lamp socket on
the
driver's side.  It is not shown in any of the wiring diagrams of the repair
books I have.  I put a bulb in it and with the ignition off it lights when the
door is opened and goes off when the door is closed as a courtesy lamp should.
The problem being that when the ignition is on the light stays on . I guess
this is something else to look at while under the dash.  Any ideas?     Thanks

 Mike C  '71 TR6