Rebuilding the head

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilding the head
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:43:31 EST
Thanks to all those who replied. I have decided on stainless valves from
BPNW, tubular pushrods from TSI, valve guides with seals from GoodParts and
roller
rockers from Jim Swarthout. The last part of the equation is the replacement
header, which will be ceramic coated.

I have heard a couple of interesting things about carbon build up and removal
from the pistons and combustion chamber of the reassembled engine. It was
recommended that once a year I spray a small amount of water into the carbs
while
the car is running. It sounds entirely against everything I know, but
apparently the resulting steam and mini explosions cleans and removes the
carbon very
effectively. Any thoughts?

Stuart Beatty
76 Carmine