RE: wobbly column

To: <DaCRANEz@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wobbly column
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:53:38 -0800
        Mike:

        Very similar problem on my '74. Not sure how applicable my
experience will be, but I will pass it along....
        My 74 has two courtesy light sockets. Both were empty when I
purchased the car. I installed fresh bulbs, and they lit as
expected, but would never shut off. I guess I learned the reason
the DPO had pulled the bulbs out.
        Solution was simple, rewire the courtesy light switch. It seems
that the DPO had put in a CD player, which meant the courtesy light
switch in the console had to be disconnected and the reconnected.
it has three terminals, but only 2 wires. Needless to say the
switch got miswired, and so the lights would not shut off.
        I recall vaguely that the courtesy light switch was added
at some point through the years, but don't remember when. If you
have the switch (dead center in the console, below the radio)
then start there, and look for a wire connected to the wrong switch
terminal.
        Cheers,

        Vance