Re: tr6 inner fenders/frame bracing

To: "Mike D'Ambrogia" <miked@jamagination.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr6 inner fenders/frame bracing
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:44:34 -0500
> I've seen reference made to frame upgrades in the "Improving Triumph
> TR250/5/6" book, is the book worthwhile to get for this topic only?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Mike D'Ambrogia

I would not waste your time or money on that book.  All the frame "upgrades"
discussed in that book center around modifying the differential mounts, the
front lower A arm mounts (on early chassis car) and that is about it... the
kits to improve the lower A arms are available from TRF, as are the diff
reinforcing kits.  CTM Engineering in the UK also carries the items and you
can buy direct from CTM, by heading to their website...

http://www.ctmengineering.co.uk/

The book really is not about improving your TR6, as much as it is about
being an expensive advertisement for three UK suppliers.  You would be hard
pressed to find information in that book that is actually useful, that you
could not get for free on these lists or on a reputable website.

I have other Roger Williams books, and they are all of similar quality and
content... they gloss over subjects rather than actually telling you
anything useful.  The real, original "improving" books are written by Kas
Kastner, except no inferior substitutes.

Kai