RE: tr6 inner fenders/frame bracing

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr6 inner fenders/frame bracing
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:45:51 -0500
I am disappointed with Roger Williams' books also. Especially "Improving
Triumph
TR250/5/6". It seemed hastily assembled and poorly researched. While
there is some useful information in the book, there is not much new
ground covered and as Kai mentions, much of it panders to a few UK TR
shops where it is apparent most of Williams' information for the book
was sourced.

As a matter of curiosity, I don't understand why the majority of TR6
books published cater to the British owner/restorer when the vast
majority of these cars were sold, still reside and are being restored in
North America. Is there no author in NA willing to publish a TR6
restoration book? Is it less expensive to publish in the UK? Surely NA
TR6 book sales exceed those in Great Britain. Or are the British
voracious readers of restoration books?

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO