tr6 inner fenders/frame bracing

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: tr6 inner fenders/frame bracing
From: "Mike D'Ambrogia" <miked@jamagination.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:25:11 -0800
Listers,

Been away for some time (and not too many posts in the time I was here)
but with a new frame arriving this week I'm ready to dive back in to
working on my tr6 after a long absence.

I'm wondering if anybody has modified their front inner fenders and
wheel wells to be removable (bolt in and out vs. spot welded).  I'm
planning on doing an engine swap as part of the pending work, and it
would be easier to have the entire front clip off while getting
everything lined up.  That, and since

Also, if anybody can contribute info on bracing the frame for an
autocross type setup I'd be all ears.  I have the front gussets on, the
rear tube shock conversion (bolted to frame) and am planning to upgrade
the front sway and add a rear one too.  I've seen reference made to
frame upgrades in the "Improving Triumph TR250/5/6" book, is the book
worthwhile to get for this topic only?

Any help appreciated

Mike D'Ambrogia
Signal Red 74.5