1974 Wheel Silver Hub trim

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1974 Wheel Silver Hub trim
From: "Michael Greene" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:01:36 -0500
I received my new metal hub rim name plates from The Roadster Factory.
I did not order new silver plastic hub rims. My existing hub rims my be all
right.
The existing units are very dull and seem to have some ware showing a
different color plastic under the silver finish. Can I respray the plastic
hubs with
Moss silver spray paint (page 57 item 220-560)? The original owner refinished
the
steel wheels with the correct color and they look great. Are the new silver
plastic
hubs that The Roadster Factory sells need to be prepped or are they ready to
be
placed on the car. A friend showed me a my a photo of  Mike Brinker's 74
TR6, I could not tell from the photo what he used .
The Roadster Factory is out of stock of the silver plastic hubs (3 mo. back
order)
Moss has the units in stock. Can you tell the between the units Moss and
The Roadster Factory sell?

Also the original owner left off all of the plastic washers located under the
lug nuts.
Are the washer a standard size/thickness. Moss wants 50 cents each and The
Roadster factory wants 79 cents each. Can I purchase the washers at Home
Depot
or Lowes

Mike Greene