RE: 1974 Wheel Silver Hub trim

To: "Michael Greene" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1974 Wheel Silver Hub trim
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:16:09 -0500
Michael:

I got excellent (perfect) results by sandblasting my plastic center wheel
pieces (remove the center TR6 metal piece) and then spray painting them with
Eastwood's Argent Silver. No need to prime. After sand blasting, wash and
completely dry the parts and wipe them down with tack cloth before painting.
Use three very light coats with about 20 minutes between coats. The paint
should flow easily and the results should look great.

I know there are washers under the lug nuts, but I don't recall if they're
plastic or metal. If they are removable, they must be split type washers,
because I think they sit in a groove. Keep in mind that all this is from
memory, but I'll remove one from the car if you need me to.

Bob Fabie
'75 TR6