Re: New topic follow up from CR discussion...

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New topic follow up from CR discussion...
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:33:38 -0500
I have often wondered about richness problems during acceleration with
the triple carb set up. I would like to try the triples.

It would seem the the CD (Constant Depression) design of the ZS carb
would automatically compensate for additional carbs. Each carb would see
less depression (vacuum) than under the dual carb set up and the air
valves would ride lower in the three carb set up as compared to the two
carb set up. (For the same manifold vacuum).

But under acceleration, if the three carbs each still used the stock
spring and stock oil weight (designed for only two carbs), it would seem
that the air valves would riser slower than they should because there
are now three carbs contributing to the richness rather than two. It
would seem the slower they rise the richer the mixture.

I don't know if that is correct or not, but I'd be interested in some
reaction/comments to it.

Don Malling