Intake Manifold question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake Manifold question
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:10:30 -0800
My "Question of the day" is to do with intake manifolds.

I'm in the process of adding a set of headers and swapping out the Strombergs
to SU's on my TVR that of course use's the TR6 drive train. To make a long
story shorter (Heard this before I bet) I trashed my intake manifold and had to
get another one. On my original intake manifold had one adapter that gave me
the suction to my servo.

On the "new" manifold I got there is one Banjo fitting at the end that has two
different size hose fittings. One is the correct size for the servo the other
is smaller about 1/8".
What is the smaller size for please ?

In the middle of the "Suction area" of the intake manifold there is also a big
size "bolt" that in effect blocks off yet another hole that must be used for
some sort of suction hose.What is this for ? Something to do with air pollution
I don't use ?

One more question.... The vent pipe in the valve cover has a hose that divides
and went to each Stromberg carb.  Now I'm using SU's I suppose I could put each
hose to each air filter (K and N) but could I not route this hose from the
valve cover directly to one of the intake fittings I've described above ? Is
there a reason the breather pipe from the valve cover went to the carb rather
than directly back in to the intake manifold?

If you could reply to me directly (pleask@shaw.ca) rather than bomb the list
I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks, Pat