Re: Intake Manifold question

To: pleask@shaw.ca (Pat Leask)
Subject: Re: Intake Manifold question
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 16:21:21 -0800 (PST)
Pat---Others may want to know what the "extra" fittings and such are
for.

The 1/8" port connection can be used for anything you might want.
Connect up a vacuum gauge for tuning purposes. Run a vacuum/boost gauge
to the cockpit ; ) There must be other uses. Same goes for the large
bolt, which I tapped with a 1/8 pipe thread.

On the valve cover hose...you do not want to apply full manifold vacuum
to the valve cover. It will suck out too much oil. You can have the
valve cover vent into the K&N's but it will eventually foul them. It
would be better if you can vent the valve cover to a place between the
carb intake and the K&N's. Hopefully, there will be a place that you can
attach a hose nipple, and just let the intake airstream take the
"blowby" into the carb. There are other methods to vent the crankcase
that I also use. Commercially, I hear R. Good has a decent one.

If you want to be an outlaw you could just vent the valve cover with a
long-ish hose that ends down into the car's air path, under the engine.
Like cars of old.

Dick