RE: push rod length

To: <RazorBobSr@aol.com>
Subject: RE: push rod length
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:11:26 -0800
        Joe:

        If you have the early head, and your measurement gives approx
8.6:1, then your
head is stock. The early heads had a factory rated 8.5:1 CR, close
enough to your measurement.
        The Goodparts table is correct for either type of head, hence
the lack of any specification as for which head it is valid. The
differences in the late vs. early head are mainly valve size, port
spacing, and port shape. The later heads have the better ports (which
the UK versions had from day one) which was meant to partially offset
the drastic drop in compression ratio.
        I am not sure what "discrepancy" you are referring to. If you
are not getting the same chamber volume as the Goodpart table, did you
remember to include the head gasket volume? Depends on which head gasket
you use, but the gasket adds 4.5cc according to Vizard, slightly less
according to others.

        Cheers,

        Vance