TR6 engine conversions

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 engine conversions
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:38:34 -0800 (PST)
I know this sounds like heresay, so if you don't care
to even consider the thought of a non-Triumph motor in
your LBC DELETE THIS NOW.

Anyone still there?

Okay. What I was wondering about is whether there are
any successful engine transplants in the TR6 bay? I'm
not talking about extreme conversions, like Mike's 454
big block. I asking about something more balanced,
more in keeping with the overall performance
characteristics of the care.

Some that would seem suitable to me are:

BMW 2.5 or 3.0 sohc in-line six - too tall for the
hood?

Chevy 2.8 or 3.1 ohv V6

Ford 2.5 dohc Duratc V8 - too wide?

Nissan 3.0 sohc V6

I'm not saying I don't dearly love the motor in my
car, but it does seem logical to consider using a
motor that puts out as much or more power in stock
form as it the Triumph six would put out only after
spending a couple of grand! And in so doing the mods,
one could be compromising the reliability of the
motor.

I dunno if I'm on the right track here, so I'll leave
at this. I will now hunker down in my bunker awaiting
the barrage of the counter-attack.

=====
Jim Jones
'72 Emerald