Re: Re:Engine Removal

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re:Engine Removal
From: bratt <bratt@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 23:34:44 -0600
Dick:

 Now you have inadvertently brought up something that will trouble me later.
I bought my TR6 with no transmission.  Last fall I bought a transmission,
which did not get installed before winter set in.

My previous owner bought the TR6 in similar condition, but he had the
transmission, which had been taken out.  His previous owner thought the
clutch was bad, probably because he was having difficulty shifting.  So my
previous owner removed the clutch, and had it resurfaced.  Then, he
dismantled the transmission which had a run bearing, among other
difficulties.

My previous owner loaded the transmission into boxes, and put them onto his
flatbed truck, and headed off to see some transmission genious east of the
city.  When he gained speed, one box, the big one with the case and stuff in
it, blew off the back of the truck.  A lady drove over it.  As the cartoon
act unfolded, the transmission was reduced to smitherines (thanks to
Yosimite Sam for that term).

There was hardly even a hat full of pieces that were found.  There was a
shaft and a cracked clutch fork, and like I said, "smitherines".

Now back to this problem..  I did not get a "dash support" with the car.

Would you know if dash supports are all the same, or do they vary by year?
Any suggestions where a good used dash support can be acquired.

I am probably missing other things from the transmission removal, but do not
know what is supposed to be there.  Is there a cover for the transmission
support or something?

I will have to find another TR6 to compare, once winter leaves, (in about
May).

Ed Bratt
1976 TR6

---