Re:Engine Removal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Engine Removal
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:17:37 -0800 (PST)
Mike---You can take out the engine with the tranny bolted to it, even
with the "top Cover" in place. If by top cover you mean the casting
that's bolted to the transmission. If you are referring to the tunnel
cover, then I would say this would be extremely difficult. The best way
is to  remove the gear shift lever, which would mean the dash support
bracket, tunnel cover, etc. Always best to follow a good manual, at
least for the first few times, so as to not miss a step.

Dick

From: DaCRANEz@aol.com Date: Thu, 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: engine
removal
This weekend I plan on yarding the engine and tranny out of the 6 for
rebuilding. I am going to pull them as a single unit. Can I do this with
the tranny top cover still on or do I have to take it off? I have an
engine hoist but no tilt lift. Fortunatly I have some extra help. Thanks
for your advice. Mike C '71 TR6