Chrome Gauge Bezels

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Chrome Gauge Bezels
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 05:40:41 -0800 (PST)
Chris wrote

"Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:23:41 -0800
From: <jollycj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Paint Gauge Rings and switches"

"I'm in the process of redoing my dash and as well as the gauges and
switches.  Does anyone have a recommend process for repainting the
gauge bezels......"

I see that Chris' question has been answered but just a personal note anyway.
I performed the recommended bezel repainting when I restored My 70 TR6 8 or 9
years ago and they look like new.  Since then I have seen several TR6s with
chrome bezels and think they look much better than the painted ones.  If I
recall correctly (and was told by someone who had chrome bezels) the bezels on
our cars have black paint over chrome.  Soooo, when I redo my gauges next time
I'm going to buff the paint off, spiff up the chrome and remount the gauges
with chrome bezels.  I know that the chrome bezels are not original and that
the bezels were painted to reduce reflections (will the government save me from
myself. phleese..) but it's my car and I prefer them in chrome.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6