RE: Pertronix Ignition

To: "'michael lunsford'" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Pertronix Ignition
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:30:12 -0500
Hi Mike:

It's my understanding that many modern cars have the ballast resistor bypass
built in at the factory. Probably that's disappearing with the modern
distributorless systems. That being said, I don't have the bypass installed
on my Crane unit and the car starts very well. I think I was very scientific
about buying a ballast; I rummaged around in a bin at Canadian Tire and
bought one for $5 back in 1995 when I tried to start the engine (years
before getting the car on the road). One of thos lumps of ceramic with two
plugs sticking out. Now it's got a crack in it from heat, but still seems to
work. Go figure.

Mark