Re: Mid Rise Hydraulic Lifts

To: don.vinton@dsl-only.net
Subject: Re: Mid Rise Hydraulic Lifts
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:35:29 EST
Don,
I'm taking a slightly different approach to losing the jack stands. Using two
(3000 LB-rated) air-powered hydraulic front/rear end jacks with sleeved
channel beams locked in place between them, I can safely lift and lock the car
3'
in the air. Two adjustable supports on each side are strategically placed under
the frame.

I already had the lifts, but didn't want to use them to directly lift the
front and rear. This method lifts from the exact points selected on the frame.
I'm repairing a valve on one of the jacks and will then be ready to source the
channel beams.

If you already have a compressor, the whole setup will run just under $1,000.
I'm guessing that's far less than a scissor lift.

Steve
CCUO