Roller Rockers

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Roller Rockers
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:00:03 EST
A few weeks ago I received my roller rockers from Jim Swarthout. With the
engine all apart I was not in a big rush to intstall them. Last weekend I
decided
to rebuild the rocker shaft.
The instructions that come with the roller rockers are top notch. You don't
need any mechanical experience to install these. The instructions are very
thorough and clear. Installation was very easy. However part of the
instructions
indicated I should take the set screw out of one of the rocker pillers in order
to get the shaft out. All I found was a hole, no set screw. I have no idea
when the screw came out or where it went. There is no evidence of this wayward
screw causing any damage in the head. Anyways, a new screw was installed with
some blue thread locker. Hopefully it will not come out again.

I have to say the quality of workmanship on the roller rockers appears to be
first rate. Everything went together very easily and as described in the
instuction booklet. The kit even comes with a feeler guage for final
installation.

I will get back to everyone to let them know how my engine rebuild is coming
along and the final result....more power. Just waiting on the camshaft.

Stuart Beatty
76 Carmine
Belleville ON (under 3 feet of snow)
One of the posts tonight had a lister from FL wondering if he should go
sailing or go out for a top down drive in his TR.