RE: I'm puzzled

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'Steve Wylie'" <steve@wyliecafe.com>
Subject: RE: I'm puzzled
From: "Gary R." <gary@tpartners.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:31:10 -0500
This sounds very similar to the problems I was having when first getting my
new rebuild running. I would look very hard at the throttle shafts and seals
for air leaks, along with all other seals on the carbs. I did a complete
rebuild of my Stombergs (74) and found all seals to be totally hardened and
quite worthless. You can check the shafts for leaks easily using the spray
method (on Buckeye I believe?). Be aware that the rebuild kits do NOT
include the throttle shat parts so if you do rebuild them order them
seperately. You need to take the shafts out to see if they themselves are
shot and need replacement.

A great source in the Northeast is Joe Curto, check him out at
http://www.joecurto.com/ ..

Good luck!

Gary R.
http://www.icer.net/TR6.html