RE: New TR6 owner

To: "'STEVE STERN'" <MACHINEMD@msn.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New TR6 owner
From: "Gary R." <gary@tpartners.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:23:43 -0500
Welcome to the fun Steve..

> 1. Poly bushings - Gotta do em all including differential!
> Any difference/preference between em?

There are several different types of "poly" bushings. The common replacement
for the standard rubber bushings seems to be urethane, which is what I used.
The high end is Nylatron or Delrin, which are extremely rigid and used
mostly for racing, though some here use them for street. I feel the urethane
is a great replacement for rubber and take all the play out of front and
rear suspension pivot points. I have a set of differential bushings but
would only recommend using them if your mounts have been strengthened as the
"give" of the rubber won't be there to absorb torque. Skip the poly shock
and stab bar bushings (IMO) and stay with rubber. Don't forget to change
over the steering arm mounts to solid aluminum blocks, takes all the play
out...

> 2. Coil springs - Ditto and standard or heavy duty?

I have all new standard springs from VB and am happy with ride height and
comfort. It comes down to what you want to accomplish I guess.

> 3. Shocks - Front....standard, gas, Spax?    Rear....New or
> rebuilt lever arm?
> Conversion?

I'm on the fence here and will stay with stock setup for now. Would like top
go with all Carerra's at some point, a shock you won't see mentioned much
here..

> 4. Trunk panel kit - BPNW or Vic Brit at twice the price?

I need one too, can't wait to hear the opinions!

Best of luck!

Gary R.
http://www.icer.net/TR6.html
74 TR6