Fuel line overhaul questions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel line overhaul questions
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:53:55 EST
I am replacing the fuel lines on my TR6 rebuild and have run into a couple of
potential problems. Since it will be a while before I actually run fuel
through the system, I'd like to get it done right now while everything is
exposed
(the tub is off the frame).

First issue: Compression rings that I can get at the hardware store are
shorter than what was on the original 1/4 inch pipe coming out of the fuel
pump.
The original had a 1/8 or so flat are between the tapers. Will the shorter
rings
work? I noticed you can order compression rings from Moss and others. Are
they like the OEM, or are they the shorter version?

Second issue: The "T" connector for the carburetor fuel lines was soldered
onto the steel pipes. Is there a special type of solder for this since it's
steel into copper, or can standard solder from the plumbing supply be used that
would normally connect copper to copper?

Third issue: What the heck is the secret to pipe bending? I wasted more pipe
trying to get it to end up at the right place.

Thanks in advance,
Bud Trussell