petronix

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: petronix
From: "Alan Salvatore" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:21:19 -0500
Last month I started experiencing a skip around 3000 rpms, and the car was
also running rich out of one tail pipe.  With the recent talk i thought that
maybe my petronix might be wearing out after 4 years and 50,000 + miles.
I decided to check a few things first.
I replaced the cap and rotor,  not much difference.
I pulled the tops off the carbs, I found the rubber diaphrams were split,
( holy batman, after two years) so they got replaced, I also replaced the
metering needles, since I didn't replace them in the last rebuild.  That
took care of the running rich.  I still had the skip.
I pulled out the bosch plugs I had installed awhile ago.  When I installed
them I didn't check the gap.  They were at .30 +; i decided
to knock them down to .28.  I reinstalled them;  guess what, the skip went
away.

Motor on,
al  salvatore
76tr6 daily