RE: Cooling system pressure question....

To: <richard.r.olson@faa.gov>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cooling system pressure question....
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:59:05 -0800
 Richard:

        A higher pressure cap will be better at preventing a boil
over if your car has a tendency to overheat.
        I suspect that the lower pressure cap was an emissions
consideration, i.e. trying to keep the engine temp in a narrow
range so that the carburetor calibrations would remain accurate.
        If it were me, I would pop for a new cap. They are cheap,
and if there is a problem, the $5 saving from the used cap
would hardly seem worth it.

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom