RE: Shipping body parts?

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Shipping body parts?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:53:28 -0800
        Mark:

        Check the UPS web site. There is a limit on the total girth of
the
package, as well as the weight. Most of these items will not go UPS.
        You are talking motor freight, which means that the item will
need to be palletized or crated. Most motor freight locations will
pick up from a business, so if you have a buddy with some sort of
business you need only cart it to his place. Otherwise you will need
to drop it off at the freight terminal.
        Normally, the buyer pays a crating fee for the large items, and
also picks up the freight tab. I purchased a factory hard top from a
dealer in CA, and packing+freight ran $225 to Portland OR.
        With some 1/2x2" lumber and some creativity, you can nail
together
an open crate pretty quickly for most items. It is definitely more work,

but no matter who sells it, they need to go through the same thing so
a buyer really has no choice.
        I have noticed that some sellers on eBay will not ship, but ask
the buyer to pick up. These items generally sell for much less, but they

do sell so this is an option.

        Cheers,

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6