Sachs vs. Borg&Beck

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Sachs vs. Borg&Beck
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:15:13 -0800 (PST)
John, Ashford, Jay and other interested parties----It escapes me as to
how the "configuration" of the Sachs fingers will not accept the Gunst
bearing. No matter the brand of bearing, it should have nothing to do
with the travel necessary to release the clutch.
Pictures of the Sachs in Nelson's buckeyetriumphs.org (see "Sticky
Clutch" and other related parts of this descriptive area) shows the
Sachs to have the flat fingers (as some of the older style B&B)
If it's true that the Sachs fingers must be moved farther before the
clutch disengages, the bearing plays no part in this motion. It is
controlled by the length of the stroke. The beauty of the Gunst is in
the quality of its parts and design. It adds nothing to the actual
release of the clutch.

If there's a knock-off bearing using the Gunst reputation, it should
also "work". We just don't know for how long!

Dick

<From: jmitch@snet.net (John Mitchell) Date: Thu, Feb 26, 2004, 7:16am
(PST+3) To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor),
6pack@autox.team.net (6-Pack), triumphs@autox.team.net Subject: Re: One
more Gunst question
Dick, I spoke with BPNW and they confirmed this.   They said it had to
do with finger configuration. I even put a pipe on the lever. I could
get it to disengage, but it still dragged.>   John

Sally or Dick Taylor wrote:
John---I wonder why the Sachs didn't disengage for you? This is the
brand that Mr. Gunst recommends to use with this bearing!
Dick