RE: clutch fork pin?

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Subject: RE: clutch fork pin?
From: Ryan van Luchene <Ryan.van.Luchene@celeradiagnostics.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:54:22 -0800
Guys,

I may have jumped the gun thinking it was the clutch fork pin - in the
past, when I have had disengagment problems, it has usually been the worst
in 1st and reverse gears. This time, however, I first noticed it when going
in and out of 2nd. Upshifting, downshifting. I turned the radio off and
listened closely, and low and behold - a strange squeaky noise is coming
from the tranny when driving in 2nd (that is, once I crunch it into gear).
The tranny was rebuilt by my mechanic about a year and a half ago. Probably
has less than a few thousand miles on it. I believe Moss parts were used in
the rebuild, which made me a little nervous at the time.

So now I think it's the 2nd gear synchro and or the 2nd gear or and/or the
bearings associated with it?

This sucks! I don't know if it's still under warranty even...

Ryan

                      tr6taylor@webtv.n

                      et (Sally or Dick        To:
trinitygadget@alltel.net (Rick & Lori)
                      Taylor)                  cc:
Ryan.van.Luchene@celeradiagnostics.com (Ryan van Luchene),
                                                6pack@autox.team.net

                      03/17/2004 10:46         Subject:  RE: clutch fork pin?

                      AM

Rick----In the event that one's thrust washers should wear to the point
of "dropping out", I think it's still possible to get clutch
disengagement by pumping the pedal. (The piston in the SC will take up a
new position)  Let's hope that this is not Ryan's problem!

I don't know how many owners have encountered a broken clutch MC spring,
as Kai found, but it would pay time-wise to check this before pulling
the tranny.

Dick