One Week driving a 5 speed

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: One Week driving a 5 speed
From: richard.r.olson@faa.gov
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:03:17 -0500
Finally got around to installing the HVDA kit and Toyota 5 speed gearbox
that I bought in 2002!  Installation of the kit was very straightforward;
only glitch was when I tried to use my 12 year old B&B clutch plate (4000
miles on it) I had clearence problems with the new disc.  Simple solution:
buy a new plate.  Problem solved.
Still don't have the interior completely installed, just in case.  But I
have about 200 miles of local and freeway driving and everything
feels/sounds good.  I'm still getting used to pressing the clutch only
about 3" total, and having the clutch disengage in the top 2 1/2", rather
than at the bottom 1" of travel (yeah, I had a broken pin for the last 8
years!)

Excellent kit, thank you, Herman!

I have some pics at
http://community.webshots.com/user/nosto53