Re: One Week driving a 5 speed

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: One Week driving a 5 speed
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:57:45 -0800 (PST)
 Rich---Many owners may be envious of you having more clutch pedal
travel than you need. If you want to move the  dis/engagement down
closer to the floor, consider shortening the pushrod to the MC. You can
out a piece out of the middle and braze it back together. The amount you
remove will then determine the release point.

Dick Taylor

From: richard.r.olson@faa.gov Date: Sat, Mar 20, 2004, 8:03pm (PST+3)
To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: One Week driving a 5 speed
Finally got around to installing the HVDA kit and Toyota 5 speed gearbox
that I bought in 2002! Installation of the kit was very straightforward;
only glitch was when I tried to use my 12 year old B&B clutch plate
(4000 miles on it) I had clearence problems with the new disc. Simple
solution: buy a new plate. Problem solved.
Still don't have the interior completely installed, just in case. But I
have about 200 miles of local and freeway driving and everything
feels/sounds good. I'm still getting used to pressing the clutch only
about 3" total, and having the clutch disengage in the top 2 1/2",
rather than at the bottom 1" of travel (yeah, I had a broken pin for the
last 8 years!)
Excellent kit, thank you, Herman!
I have some pics at
http://community.webshots.com/user/nosto53