Ready to start?

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ready to start?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:16:46 -0800
        Folks:

        Getting ready to start the new motor. I stopped most of my
freeze plug leaks by tapping on them a bit using a drift and hammer. I
still have one leak which I cannot find, but I am afraid it might be one
of the freeze plugs on the front that is underneath the front engine
plate. !@$#$%@#!!! Well, it looks like I *WILL* try the stop leak stuff,
even though I feel it is cheating.
        Ahem. Back to the main topic.... So, I have everything hooked
up, and I am ready to try starting the motor. I was ready last night,
but chickened out. I want to get everything oiled up before I actually
put the spark plugs back in and do the deed. I thought I could use the
starter to spin the motor with the plugs out to "pre-lube" the motor.
Does this seem reasonable? The filter is new and has no oil in it, so
how long should it take before I see any oil pressure on the oil gauge?
The starter is rebuilt, and put a new he-man battery in place of the
effeminate blue-light special that the DPO had installed. I should be
able to crank that puppy over for quite a while if need be.
        Once it's running, I will need to break in that new cam, check
for oil leaks, etc. Might be driving it this weekend if all goes well.
Yeeee-haaaaaah!

        Thanks for any tips,

        Vance
1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6