Re: Exhaust

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:18:07 -0800
List,

I'm going to replace my master cylinder this weekend.  It looks as if the
brake fluid has been draining from around the vacuum hose fitting to the
servo housing.  This seems to imply that the servo housing is full of brake
fluid to just about the top of it.  I believe I'll find out if this is
correct when I remove the cylinder.  There isn't any fluid leaking through
the servo into the footwell.  If the servo is filled with fluid it seems to
me that it would not perform as designed and that the brake pedal effort
required would have increased as it filled with fluid.  I can't tell whether
the brake pedal pressure required has increased in the last couple of years,
but TR6 servos don't seem to provide much brake boost anyway.  Should I, no
matter what, remove the servo to drain it, or is there an easier way?  Is a
servo likely damaged by brake fluid accumulation?  Thanks for your help.

Gary
'73