Carb Disassembly Question

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Disassembly Question
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 08:38:11 -0800
Hi List;
well, I'm gung-ho on fixing my poor (avg. 14.7) fuel economy, and with the
help of the list I was able to free up my frozen centrifugal advance and set
the timing.  This morning I got into the plugs; the first 3 are very soot
and black, indicating a very rich mixture.  I D/L'd the buckeye carb care
guides, but I've reached a point where force is required, and I'm hesitant
to proceed without advise.

I've removed the top, diaphragm, and plunger assembly.  I removed the needle
set screw.  I have attempted to unscrew the needle assembly from within the
plunger, but... I have the Allen wrench in there, but nothing is turning,
either way.   How much force should I be prepared to use, and am I correct
in (un)screwing counter clockwise to free it up?

-- I need to replace the 'O' ring, damper oil leaks like a sieve.

All advice and help appreciated..

Ken
73 '6  CF7000U0