Speedometer

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer
From: "Michael Corbitt" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:29:26 -0800
Recently, I saw an article somewhere about repairing speedometers.  I can't
remember if it was from someone on the list, or a website.  If it was from this
list, could someone remind this aging mind where to find it.  Mine
(speedometer) hasn't worked since I bought the car last summer.  I just
replaced the cable over the weekend and pulled enough cable through the
firewall that I could watch it turn as I drove down the road.

Also, what's the proper routing of the speedometer cable on a 69 with no
overdrive?  The routing of the old one had so much slack it hung down below the
chassis and got pretty beat up.  I was hoping that replacing the cable would
solve my problem, but not to be.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
Corvallis, OR