Re: Speedometer

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Speedometer
From: "Michael Corbitt" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:21:01 -0800
Dick,

Very possible it's an OD cable.  Although I did specify a non-overdrive cable
when I ordered it.  At the moment, it doesn't seem to matter as I pulled the
speedometer this evening and took it apart and the worm gear is almost totally
frozen.  I'm soaking it overnight but I'm guessing I'll be in the market to get
a rebuilt one.  It also appears someone else may have opened it up for repairs
previously.  So, anybody have a used, working speedometer for sale?

Mike

>>> Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net> 03/30/04 10:01PM >>>
Mike---I am now replacing the speedo cable on a guy's '69.  It is barely
long enough to go from the tranny drive gear to the unit itself. It goes
thru a hole in the frame (by the fuel and rear brake lines) sort of
across from the tranny connection, then up thru the (grommeted) hole in
the sheet metal under the Brake servo, under the servo and then thru the
firewall. From there it's about a straight shot to the unit. There
should be no cable left over. Could it be that you have the one meant
for the OD tranny?

Dick