re:Car will not start with new battery

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:Car will not start with new battery
From: "Bruce Moxon" <bamxn@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:12:55 -0500
Thank you to all who responded. Problem resolved. Removed and cleaned all
connections to battery, negative ground, solenoid switch, and starter. Still
nothing. Took out battery and tried to charge and received a fault
reading?????????? Took new battery back to Walmart and confirmed battery was
bad. Back home with the replacement battery. Hooked everything up and still no
go. Had a spare solenoid so I replaced. Based on bypassing solenoid to starter
test, led me to a conclusion that the solenoid was bad (two bad
solenoids???????????). Ran a separate wire from chassis to solenoid and
presto, the car started ------- not getting good ground on solenoid switch
where mounted. Was this thing originally mounted behind the heater hoses on a
small slightly curved plate to the right of the battery? Sure is inconvenient.
Again, thanks for all the input.

Bruce
TR250