RE: Starter Wiring

To: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>, "TR6 list"
Subject: RE: Starter Wiring
From: webb@daikin-america.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:37:31 -0600
Gary,

It's pretty easy to see with the carbs off, I'll take another look tonight
with a mirror. There definitely is no spade terminal sticking out or screw
head on the left side (facing the terminals) but I'll try cleaning it
better to verify.

So, to confirm, the function of the loose wire is to provide 12V to the
coil while starting by bypassing the ballast resistor?

Thanks, Pat

Pat,

...It seems to me though, that the terminal you are looking for may be
recessed
in a cavity so that you can't see it.  Have you used a mirror to look at
the
terminal area of the solenoid?

Gary
'73