Re: bonnet alignment

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Re: bonnet alignment
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:18:47 -0800 (PST)
Joe---I made a "sling" to hold the hood in place for doing what would
normally be a tortuous job for me. (I used various lengths of
rubber-tipped bungy cords which connected to the hood on one end, and an
engine chain hoist on an overhead beam. Tipping the hood to about a 60
deg. angle allows one to get an arm into the opening at the fender, to
install the bolts and position the hood. Turns into a one-man job, and
no scratching of the paintwork. It still takes some fiddling to center
things before the final tightening of these bolts.

I learned it better to outline the hood brackets with a felt-tipped pen
before taking the bolts loose. Big help in lining things up for the next
go 'round. (We know there'll be another)

If you don't want to go to this much trouble, laying a padded 2x4 across
the fenders can support the hood to get these bolts started and
adjusted.

Dick