Re: removing steering wheel lock on 71 TR6

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removing steering wheel lock on 71 TR6
From: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:17:34 -0400
I hated reaching for the key between my knees, too, but I didn't want to
remove the steering-wheel lock capability. I wasn't so much about theft for
money as theft for joyriding. I posted an alternative solution which shows
up in the archives at
<http://www.team.net/html_arc/6pack/200401/msg00395.html>

Just another approach... which works great! Leave the key on all the time in
safe areas, or lock it and take the key with you when things are debatable.
It, uh, also facilitates a quick restart after a chugging stall at a traffic
light so the girl in the Miata behind you doesn't honk.

Doug Morris '74 TR6 CF18kUO, NC