Emergency Flasher Switch Problem.. I think.

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Emergency Flasher Switch Problem.. I think.
From: "Gary R." <techpartners@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 17:44:08 -0400
Took my 74 out for a shakedown this morning as the weather was clear here in
CT and my signals stopped functioning on the right side, then both sides..
Tried the emergency flashers and they worked on one side, then they stopped
working until I jiggled the switch (on 74's it's a pull switch above the
column), but eventually died completely. I went through all the diagnostics
in Dan Master's electrical manual and it seems the switch is bad. I actually
dissasembled it, cleaned it, and reassembled without any positive results. I
notice if I squeeze or turn it a bit with power jumpered through the flasher
unit one side of lights go on, but that's it. According to the manual the
switch is shot, but before I try and order one, figured I would ask here for
advice..

Oh, and if you read this Aaron, the washer seems to work fine!

Thanks guys!

Gary R.
http://www.icer.net/TR6.html
74 TR6