Lost Californian needs help with TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Lost Californian needs help with TR6
From: kaicee <kaicee@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 11:05:37 -0700
  Hello all,

  I am new to this group but not to the cars of England, having been
indoctrinated with a '53 TD as my very first mode of (semi) transportation
other than a bicycle.

Now it is a TR6 that is awaiting refurbishing in my driveway and that leads
me to a couple of questions: the door-body gap is about 3/8in wider at the
top than at the bottom while the hardtop doesn't engage the windscreen when
set in place with the bolts in the back - does this indicate a tweaked
chassis or just body panels that need shimming?

If it is a chassis bend, does anyone know of a shop in the Los
Angeles/Glendale who would do a good job straightening things out?

This is the start of a full restoration and so the body panels will
eventually come off for thorough conditioning of the understructures - oh,
how we beg for pain! but that seems to be the best way to ensure that
things are done right under there. Looking forward, Ken Glendale, Ca.