RE: Question for electrical gurus

To: "'Peter Macholdt'" <vze2846b@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: Question for electrical gurus
From: "Gary R." <techpartners@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:28:14 -0400
Thanks Peter. A little follow up. What is actually happening is when the 4th
(doesn'r matter which signal) bulb holder is removed from ground the other 3
blink bright and at a normal intermittance. Grounding the 4th bulb cuts the
intensity down (in both the indicator lights and the actual flasher switch)
and increases the rate of blink. Its not the bulb holders as I have done a
direct hot/ground wire connect to the bulbs and get the same results. Odd
thing is running the "4th" bulb current through my 12V test light and it
(the test light) blinks quite brighty and at the regular pace..
Connecting/dropping the front bulbs creates the same situation. Its almost
like the circuit can't handle all four bulbs at the same time, but I have no
clue why. Maybe I can wire the test light in.. hehe

I also just somehow created a situation where my ignition/seatbelt buzzer is
going off at a VERY low pitch (barely audible) regardless of the key being
in the ignition or not. It goes off as soon as the ignition is in the "on"
position. I would just kill the buzzer but on the 74 its part of a BIG
switch... The Dan Master's book is pointing me toward a bad ignition switch!
Fact is with the new seat belts that have no wiring for them to connect to
I'm not sure why the car is even starting!

This is getting old. Actually I guess I should say its getting new, as there
isn't much LEFT on this thing I haven't replaced!

Gary R.
http://www.icer.net/TR6.html
74 TR6
Woodbury, CT