Re: Spam Alert: Running Hot

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spam Alert: Running Hot
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:06:23 -0400
Mark,
I think part of your problem is the fan switch installed by the PO. He most
likely followed the instructions on the VTR website as to converting to an
electric fan. The Bosch fan switch they recommended has a on temp of @ 195 F
, way too high for the TR6. Depending on the fan installed it may not be
able to bring the temp down once it has gone over the 3/4 mark. The TR6
water temp should not exceed @ 185 f, which is just below the 1/2 way mark
on my car. I installed a 160 deg f fan switch with a 16" Spal puller and the
temp stays right around the 1/3 mark which is where it used to stay with the
original fan. With the Bosch fan switch the fan most likely doesn't even
come on till the gauge is @ 3/4 and shuts off @ 1/2.

Good Luck
Nick