Running Hot UPDATE

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running Hot UPDATE
From: "Mark Martin" <markmartin@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:26:47 -0400
First I'd like to thank those who responded to my earlier inquiry.

As suggested, I placed a thermometer in the radiator opening and after
nearly 40 minutes, the temperature stayed steady at 200 degrees (no pusher
fan) with the temp gauge reading 3/4 (3 quarters).  At exactly 160 degrees
the thermostat opened as I could see the water start to move.  Try as I
might, I couldn't get it to run into the red as it was doing previously.

I then placed the cap back on the radiator and within 5 minutes the temp
gauge started creeping toward the red.

Now as I scratch my head I ponder the next step.  Can the radiator cap be
responsible for this or is the pressure from the closed system an issue?

Still seeking some more advice

Mark
'72 TR6