Early NOS center rear bumper found

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early NOS center rear bumper found
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:27:16 -0500
 I  having all the chrome redone on my TR and checked to see when it would be
finished and David mentioned that I may want to trial fit the rear center
section before he chromed it. He repaired two   dents on either side and
straightened the bumper too well. Seems that it no longer followed the curve
of the rear valance!!! I was unhappy to say the least!! If he had just taken
the time to look at what he was doing or at least looked at the other TR
bumper waiting to be rechromed I wouldn't have had a problem.
 Now where the heck am I going to find a center section for a '69 TR. I know
these are more popular than the rubber bumper ones. Well I lucked out and
called BMC LTD (bmcltd@spis.net<mailto:bmcltd@spis.net> or (270)825-2994,
Madisonville KY), originally I was going to settle for a good used one, BUT he
had not one but TWO, NOS ones!!! How about that! One was in the original
"tape" and the other was unwrapped. I bought the one in the tape because the
other has a small scratch (about 3/4") in the chrome and maybe  another small
spot which I may have missed. He was asking $100 for the unwrapped one and it
would be a good one for somebody. Mind you this is an original chrome bumper
and not the high price chrome you might get if having new chrome applied. Just
like what the factory put on the cars when new. Remember that if you are
interested in it.
 I also spotted used, a TR4 bonnet, one Right ( I think) quarter for a
TR4-TR250, and some NOS rear deck lids, not trunk lids. All kind of other used
goodies too.
 I have NFI in any of this, but I though someone might be interested.
 BMC LTD is only open till about noon. M-F

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration<http://groups.msn.com/Richard